Friday, April 14, 2006

Dept. of Amusements #1

A friend of mine suggested that I add the chess discussion forum at Craig's List to my annotated chess links. I checked it out and saw the following item requesting a clarification of the rules:

checkmate? 03/03 11:22:58
I placed my opponent in checkmate and he then punched me in the face, stating that, much like in baseball when a runner is coming home he can attempt to knock the ball from the catcher's mitt, that if he can dislocate my jaw it renders the checkmate invalid. Is this true?
http://forums.craigslist.org/?ID=39810129

Perhaps I'll add the forum to "Just for Fun."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought it was just a bloody nose? Hmm, seems its getting harder to invoke the old "Anti-checkmate through use of violence" rule.

Icepick said...

Wait, was that the chess discusion forum, or the chess boxing discussion forum. DIfferent rules may apply to each.