Saturday, January 22, 2011

Adventures in the La Bourdonnais - McDonnell Attack vs the French

White to play.  Can you find a winning plan?
I have annotated two of my Adventures with the La Bourdonnais - McDonnell Attack vs. the French (1.e4 e6 2.f4), including a disappointing draw with John Moldovan from Round 2 of the Kenilworth Chess Club Championship.  John has annotated the game as well, and it is interesting to compare notes.  Though I wasn't happy with my play or with the outcome, the game did strengthen my belief in my nineteenth century opening repertoire.  I just have to learn how to play on two sides at once and exercise a little more lateral thinking to do so.  For more analysis of this line, see my article on McDonnell's Anti-French.

Round Two in the Kenilworth CC Championship

No comments: